Friday 19 July 2013

If Jaws was a Toddler

What do mosquito's, sharks and my children have in common?  They all bite.  Both of my girls were biters.  Thankfully another child at daycare chomped on my oldest nipping that in the bud fairly early on.  We were not so fortunate with the second one.

Her prey has always been her big sister as at a young age she determined that biting was a successful method in retrieving her desired item from her older sister.  The biting issue had started to fade and dissipate the older she has gotten.  They are fairly close in age and size so currently they are fairly evenly matched.  For these reasons I believed our biting issue had ceased until earlier this week.  

My mom was watching our girls and having fun playing with them both.  She had our smaller one perched on her hip while the bigger one was tickling her sister's legs and feet.  Apparently things got a little carried away and the small one sunk her teeth in deep.  My mom instantly dropped her to the ground and yelped out of pain.  She informed the little one that she had hurt her and that biting is not allowed.  

My mom's interior of her arm was black with tiny teeth indentations.  She seemed to understand the message that she had really hurt my mom; perhaps all to well.  

The next day we were still visiting my parents.  Once more my mom was playing with the girls.  My youngest decided that she should have a treat of candy at approximately 8 in the morning.  My mom decided that this probably wasn't the best time for treats and told her "No, not right now".  To this my youngest uttered her first threat,

"I bite you".


Hopefully this is our last incident...

No comments:

Post a Comment